Given that our first advice is to automate the sending of the questionnaires – for which reason, we have interfaced Qualitando with more than 20 partners, including management software, c.r.m?. Wi-Fi social systems, and we also created the “Qualitando Hotspot” special tool – in case you still want/prefer/need to manually send the invitation to fill the questionnaire in, in this section you will find explained how to do it.
HOW TO SEND THE EMAIL TO INVITE TO FILL THE QUESTIONNAIRE IN
- Start from Q-Box Home, click on the green label in the “Questionnaires” menu on top, then click on the questionnaire you are interested in.
- You will be in the Questionnaire Home
- Use the menu on the left
- The section to click on is “Invite to fill in” (red arrows), below “Send Invitation” section
- Choose within “Myself (sending a test)”, “To a single customer”, and, “To a list of customers (import from file)”
- If you choose to send to a customer list, a window will open from which you will be able to download the sample file. Save it and use it as a master to import data of customers to whom you will be sending the questionnaire
Once the file has been uploaded, all the invitations created will be in a list, ready to send (image below, in the red box). At this point you can:
- Immediately Send/Submit. By just clicking on “Send Non-Scheduled Invitations” (blue button) the questionnaires will be sent to all recipients for which - when creating the invitation - no date of sending was set (in the image below see the invitation circled in green “not scheduled”)
- Delete them all or just few of them, in case you should find any mistakes. Select the record and use the “Delete” button
- Modify the data of some records. Highlight it/them and use the “Modify” button
- Leave the invitations to fill the questionnaire in to be sent on the scheduled date. In such case this means that when creating the invitation, you set a scheduled date (see in the image below the “planned” invitation circled in blue).
Please note: by downloading the master sample to manually load at the same time more invitations to fill the questionnaires in, you will note that the only field that must be filled is the column “A” “EMAIL”, BUT:
- If you choose to also fill in the column “Name and Surname”, then when Qualitando will file the data, the e-mail addresses can be associated to each customer given master data, otherwise, just the e-mail addresses will be filed.
- If you choose to also fill in the column “Stay Date” in the master, you will make it easier for the customer to fill the questionnaire in, as the field “data” in the questionnaire will be received already pre-compiled. Moreover, the statistical data derived from the filling of the questionnaires will be more accurate: if, as it happens, the customer enters a random, incorrect date of stay, the system will be storing the related reviews in the wrong period of time, thus partially distorting, the reliability of the statistical report.
- If you choose to also fill in the language column, you will allow Qualitando – especially for addresses with generic extensions such as .com, .eu, .net – to propose to also sending directly in the recipient’s language (if a translation has been previously done) the invitation e-mail to fill in the questionnaire, as well as the questionnaire itself, and, the post compilation communications. This will increase the chances that the recipient of the e-mail decides to fill in the questionnaire.
- Last important recommendation: when filling in the Qualitando format, the layout of the file must be strictly observed without making any customizations. The first line must have the titles such as they were set and highlighted in yellow, and between one column and the other, no blank lines or spaces should be left. E-mail addresses must be valid and existing. Any typing errors (eg .ot instead of .it) will block the sending.
NOTES AND TIPS
“The invitations to fill the questionnaires in should be sent every day, few hours after the check-out”. Why?
- You will get more filled in questionnaires: 60% of them are filled during the return journey, and most of them by mobile device (often the customer takes advantage of the waiting time at the airport/port to fill it in). Moreover, by doing this, the experience of their stay will still be “live” and “fresh"
- You will have more chances to intercepting unsatisfied customers: by timely sending them the questionnaire, you increase the chances that, in the case of a dissatisfied customer, you can intercept and implement recovery actions (possibly also before they might place a negative review on the internet)
- You will be the first. The customer usually fills just one questionnaire in. And it is important that it is yours. (Just to give an example, Booking.com sends it within 24 and 48 hours after the check-out, or, if the customer has downloaded their app, immediately after he/she steps out of your hotel/business!
“The invitations to fill in the questionnaire/s should be sent in the customer’s language”. Why?
This means having translated all the texts (thus, including the invitation e-mail to fill the questionnaire in) and the questionnaire itself, in the 4-5 main languages spoken by your customers. Sending an invitation e-mail to fill in the questionnaire in a language other than that of that customer dramatically reduces the probability to get it filled in. Therefore, in case you haven’t done it yet before starting sending the invitations, make sure to have the translations of your questionnaires and related texts in several/multiple languages (just in English is not enough